UPDATE ON HEALTH SCREENINGS KINDERGARTEN THROUGH TWELFTH GRADE
* Health screenings have been delineated more clearly by the NJ Department of Education. The school nurse will conduct the screenings with the help of other school personnel when appropriate.
* Screenings for height, weight, and blood pressure will be conducted
annually for each pupil kindergarten through twelfth grade.
The American Academy of Pediatrics encourages blood pressure checks for children over the age of 3.
* Screenings for visual acuity must be done every two years for students
Kindergarten thru 10th grade. Students will have their visual aquity tested
in the 7th grade at Roosevelt Intermediate School.
* Screenings for auditory acuity shall be conducted annually for students in
Kindergarten thru 3rd Grade and in 7th and 11th Grade.
* Scoliosis Screening are conducted biennially for students between the ages
of 10 and 18. Students will be screened for Scoliosis in 7th Grade.