RIS Counseling Department
When students enter Roosevelt Intermediate School, each one is assigned a school counselor who will help guide them through their three middle school years. The RIS school counselors work with students and families to make their school experience a happy and successful one.
Counseling is a process that offers a safe environment to explore thoughts and feelings. Through this process, counseling can help students build positive self-esteem, develop problem-solving skills and utilize effective coping strategies.
The middle school years are an exciting, yet challenging, time for adolescents. Here are some ways a counselor can help...
* Assisting students to navigate social situations
* Learning to cope with academic challenges
* Developing positive self-esteem and character traits
* Providing study skills and organizational strategies
* Supporting families as their child progresses through the middle school years